Canada GeoPortal a Hit
Our Canada GeoPortal service is being adopted by several groups in the federal government. Since its launch in January we have three main projects:
- PHAI Collaboration Portal. A collaboration portal for the Port Hope Area Initiative that will enable the private sector contractors to easily interact with the Atomic Energy of Canada and PWGSC teams in support of the nuclear waste clean-up in the Port Hope area in Ontario.
- Real Property Transformation Group – Customer Portal. A portal and associated facility management system enabling the management of all laboratory facility information across the country and associated with all the departments that have laboratories (such as Environment Canada, NRCan, Health Canada, PHAC, etc.). This enables staff from each department to securely manage their facilities information (data and documents), while the central agency can roll-up and have an overall view across the country.
- The Engineering Portal. A portal and associated management system for engineering structures across the county (dams, bridges, etc) managed by PWGSC Engineering. Having access to the information in a secure, map-based environment is giving them much better understanding of their workload, and capital requirements.
- GTEC Gold Award 2011; "Transforming the Business of Government"
- "Best Public Sector GIS" Gold Award at URISA-OC 2011.
Municipal GeoPortal Product / Services
Building on the success of Ontario GeoPortal and Canada GeoPortal, the Municipal GeoPortal service provides municipalities an easy and immediate way to implement enterprise GIS.
SKE Hosting Infrastructure Ontario's "Ontario GeoPortal" and Related Applications and Data
The multi-award winning Ontario GeoPortal and its numerous business systems and terabytes of spatial data is being hosted by SKE at our SC2-GeoPortal cloud computing facility in partnership with Peer1. We are thrilled to work with Infrastructure Ontario, whose vision and leadership in GIS and IT are enabling the Ontario Government to more fully leverage its investments in geo-spatial technologies and data.